I did some testing with impdp for a client. They asked me to write a procedure to import a set of tables from a production environment to a testing database. The import will include only a few tables, but not all, and will be performed to an already existing test environment that contains a full schema. And this process should be performed on a regular basis, so I looked for the best and easiest solution.
Over the years I’ve heard and learned quite a lot about how Oracle does stuff. Some of it was logical, some just details to remember (I have a really lousy memory, but somehow, I actually remember some of the details). Not too long ago I wrote a query and got a parse error, and that lead me to write this post (and a couple more that will follow).
Every day you can learn something new, even after 20 years in the field. For some reason, I was always under the impression that within a single schema, objects must have a unique name. Apparently, this is not the case.
If you don’t know that by now, OTN (Oracle Technology Netowrk) has changed its name to ODC (Oracle Developer Community), so OTN Appreciation Day becomes ODC Appreciation Day.
During OOW17 a customer ran into a wrong result issue in 188.8.131.52, which is very bad. I diagnosed this and found out that it happens because of bloom filter, so we just disabled that and it was solved. But I still opened an SR so Oracle can find and fix this bug.